Who We Are
Eastside Christian Church exists to develop more and better disciples of Christ who passionately serve God and humanity. We seek to be a community who gives glory to Christ above all things and welcomes all people to join us in worshipping Him.
We love Jesus, God’s Word, and each other. We're taking the message of Jesus Christ to the city and community around us.
Check out Our Beliefs and Our Mission below, and visit a worship gathering.
Provide Every Person a Strong Church Family Experience by the End of 2020
God created us to be in family relationship. When that experience works as God intended there are no stronger ties. Perhaps that’s why God chose the family to be one of the metaphors for His church. In its earliest days, recorded for us in the book of Acts, the church provided that family environment to all who desired it and, consequently, had significant impact on their culture. Over the next three years the ministry of Eastside Christian Church will concentrate on five key markers of that early church that made them a strong family and intentionally make them our priority strategies of ministry.
- We believe in one God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 6:1-9; 16:16; John 14:16-20)
- We believe that God the Father is the creator of all things. (Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24-28)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only Son, my one and only Savior. (John 3:16)
- We believe he was born Jesus of Nazareth, both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary. (Luke 1:26-39)
- We believe Jesus died for us on the cross, in our place, to reconcile us to God. He arose from the tomb and gave us the hope of eternal life. (I Corinthians 15:3-8; Colossians 1:19-20)
- We believe Jesus will one day return to the earth to take his church to heaven and will reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian empowering them to live a holy life and equipping them with gifts for serving others. (Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 12:4-11)
- We believe the Holy Spirit encourages, guides, comforts, and helps to transform us into the likeness of Christ. (John 16:5-15)
- We believe in the Bible, God’s Holy Word, Scripture.
- We believe that God inspired the original writing of Scripture and that they are without error. (II Timothy 3:14-17; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that human beings are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27)
- We believe that human beings are sinful, and consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23; Acts 4:12)
- We believe that salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is offered only by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:8-9; I Peter 1:18-19; I John 1:7)
- We believe that salvation through God’s grace is received by putting belief and faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing belief in Christ, and being baptized by immersion, but that none of these is sufficient in and of itself for the assurance of salvation. (John 3:16; Acts 2:38; 17:30; Romans 6:1-7; 10:9-10)
- We believe the church is the body of Christ, called to fulfill the mission of making disciples of Jesus. (Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 1:18)
- We believe that Christ is the head of the church and he calls for elders to be selected from among the congregation to oversee the functions of ministry and shepherd the believers. (Ephesians 5:23; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
Target Specific Goals in Each of the Five Markers that Will be Accomplished through Specific Initiatives of Ministry
Growing Family (Acts 2:47b)
Radically Serving Family (Acts 6:1)
Academically Grounded Family (Acts 2:42)
Caring Family (Acts 2:47a)
Economically Centered Family (Acts 4:32)
Transforming lives into the likeness of Jesus. (Romans 8:29).
Imagine what it would be like if every person looked, acted, thought, spoke and lived like Jesus did. This is the answer to every cultural problem we face today. It is the ultimate plan of Jesus for people to live the way he did until we get to live where he is. Everything that happens under the umbrella of ministry at Eastside Christian Church has the end-purpose to lead people to conform their lives to the likeness of Jesus.